our mini vacation

our mini vacation
view from the top of Jockey's Ridge

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Resolutions and Passions....

So...here we are...one year down and beginning a new one. Every year I make resolutions...you know the drill- be a better person, a better wife, a better mother, a better christian, read the bible more, cook more nutrious meals, keep the house better, lose some weight, exercise more, do more than be 'queen of good intentions', be a better friend, drive slower, learn calligraphy....on an on I could go...but, every year those resolutions are blown to smithereens (is that a word?) fact is, I should start TODAY on those resolutions instead of waiting till January 1. If I can't start today, then why try at all? If I really face the truth, it would be that I need to start those TODAY, then tomorrow start all over again, and the day after that, and the day after that...so, I guess I know what is on my agenda tomorrow...all those resolutions! Then on the next day, the same agenda- those same resolutions....maybe one day I will get it right!

Over Christmas, we were at my mother-in-law's house and my sister-in-law had a video of her work Christmas party. Whoever made this video is a genius! It was so funny! It started off with the owner and management looking like dancing elves! SO cute and funny! As the video went on, it interviewed all of the workers...they had to state their name, occupation at this company and then tell what their passion in life was. Very interesting...some were funny, others cute, lots were devoted to their families...made me think to myself, "Mmmmm, what are MY passions??" First and foremost is that I am passionate about God and am so glad that I have a personal relationship with him. My husband and my children are what I am most passionate about after God. Somehow, I managed to marry the most wonderful guy in the world....guess you could call us 'college' sweethearts (?) maybe(?)...we met and started dating while he was at one college and I was at beauty college....does that qualify for college sweethearts?? My children are definitely a passion of mine! Wow...it took many prayers, tears, money, and more prayers for this family to be...I am so fortunate and thankful to be these children's mother...what a privilege it is. These guys and my big guy are my life. I thank God everyday for this family of mine. That is what I would have to say my passion is....my family....uh, oh and shoes! Gotta love shoes! My daughter says I have a sickness...shoe-a-holic! Yep...that is me! Hello, my name is Gina....and I love me some shoes!

No comments:

Followers