our mini vacation

our mini vacation
view from the top of Jockey's Ridge

Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year, New Me...

So, the new year has started...resolutions made...most have already been scrapped or abandoned...or dare I say, failed.....I mean, after all...we are HUMAN.

For the last several weeks I have been meditating, praying, and counciling with my christian friends....and have come to this conclusion....in life, there are some things and/or people that you just have to let go. Anything that is going to hold you back or harm you in some way is only going to do damage to you....as an example: if you had a toxic item in your home and you found out that it was toxic and causing you potential harm...you would get it out of your home ASAP...right? So, that is what I have had to do...let things go....I have let certain people in my life go....I have been cleaning out the house (though it may be little by little) and getting rid of 'stuff'...because most of it is just taking up room anyway, so good-by junk....I am always removing the cobwebs from my head...and thanking God for showing me what is important. I have a wonderful, Godly husband-who supports me in everyway. 5 of the most beautiful, wonderful, energetic, lively, smart, brilliant kids in the world. ~and surprisingly, I have a circle of girlfriends that are probably some of the Godliest women I know....just spending time with them makes you automatically know that God is present in their lives and they live their life for God...they don't have to tell you-you just KNOW.

Lately, I have learned some really hard lessons....lessons that have really cut into me...but, I can honestly say now, "Thank you God for showing me....I needed that"....you know, some lessons just have to be learned the hard way. For me, the lesson was learned.

No comments:

Followers