our mini vacation

our mini vacation
view from the top of Jockey's Ridge

Friday, January 16, 2009

What DO I need to wear??


If you have a Khol's Department store credit card, they send you coupons all the time (well, not ALL the time, but at regular intervals) I usually only use these when I receive the 30% off coupons. The other day in the mail I received one...decided to do inventory and see what or if anyone needed anything. I desperately needed a new pair of tennis shoes for walking...mine were so old and worn. So...off we go to Khol's. Once there, I discovered that there was a temedous sale going on! Wow...somethings up to 70% off! On top of my 30 %...you can't get any better than that!!!! Found the tennis shoes that fit like a glove....then move on and start poking around the store....and I realize something...I have ABSOLUTELY no idea of what I am doing! I find a skirt that I remembered seeing a young lady wear to church on Sunday...on her, it was fabulous....of course, this young woman is gorgeous and could make a burlap sack look good...my teen daughter told me that the skirt would look good on me...I look at it and ponder...but then realize...I wouldn't know what to put with it!!!! YIKES....I look down at my arms and I have my usual-favorite....a cotton shirt......sigh......I have become boring! A cotton-wearing-boring-homeschool mom!!!! I have traded my denims in for cotton....another sigh. I really could have gotten a couple of cute outfits and been considered 'in style' or at least 'not boring' if I had only known what to do!!!! Maybe I should watch these two on TLC a little more often!!! or maybe they will show up one day and teach me 'what not to wear!' better yet....what to wear!!! In the mean time...I will just continue to be my old-boring-cotton-wearing-homeschool-mom!

No comments:

Followers