our mini vacation

our mini vacation
view from the top of Jockey's Ridge

Saturday, December 20, 2008

kitchen tired-ness

Whew...I am SO tired of being in the kitchen...this is about the 3rd day straight that I have been in the kitchen for pretty much the majority of the day....who was the rocket scientist that decided there must be fudge, chocolate peanut butter balls, cheese straws, sugar cookies, oreo balls, sausage balls as well as other confections for Christmas?? oh yeah, that could be me... Now, don't get me wrong...I love all this sugar laden food....I did say "I"...but my backside is another story. It does not love all this sugar as much as I do!!
My brother is coming in tomorrow for Christmas....along with my sister-in-law, two neices and my nephew...so, I have been cooking, and cooking and cooking....so, it is safe to say....I AM TIRED OF COOKING NOW!!!! Well, at least after I make that big pot of vegetable soup tomorrow and several different kinds of bread...I will be done...well, till...uh, Monday. Then it starts all over again! We have our annual what-ever-you-want-to-call-it-we-invite-all-our-friends-to-the-farm-to-eat event! The 'guys' (which is primarily my husband and his dad) start up the huge smoker before sunrise on Tuesday morning...us women folk (primarily me, and me, and uh, my sister-in-law) will cook the side dishes to go with the humongous amount of meat that will be on the smoker. I guess I really shouldn't complain...it could be worse...at least my cooking is good enough to get request for certain dishes instead of being told "please don't bring anything"!! Usually after this event, there isn't a lot of food left over...
I do enjoy cooking...I do enjoy people enjoying my food....but, right now, I am really tired of chocolate peanut butter balls! Of course, that might have something to do with the hundred-trillion that I have ingested.....
I remember going to my grandmother's house as a kid and spending the night. I remember eating and eating and eating (food was always better at grandmothers) till I was just so sick!
Yeah, been-there-done-that...again! Excuse me while I go and find the tums or pepto bismal!
Hello...my name is Gina....and I am a chocolate peanut butter ball addict!

No comments:

Followers