our mini vacation

our mini vacation
view from the top of Jockey's Ridge

Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas memories....

Tonight, we will be having a tradition here in Bogerville..."How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is on our local t.v. channel. The original cartoon...not the movie. I have loved this program since I was a girl....and if you ask my children how long that is..they would answer, "when dinosaurs roamed the earth"! No, I am not that old. I remember thinking (while watching the Grinch) how cute and sweet that little dog was. It reminded me of our own little dog. So, the tradition goes on....my sweet husband, children and I will curl up with blankets (and no doubt...popcorn) and watch the Grinch. Last night we viewed "Dennis the Menice Christmas"...first time we had ever watched this....it was a good program with a good story behind it. My all time favorite Christmas movie is, "It's a Wonderful Life"....I love it so much that my husband bought me the DVD.... last year, we added "A Christmas Story"- isn't that the one with Christmas ghosts past and future?? If so, that is the one! The original 1933 is the only version that will do!! Oh, and who can resist "Rudolf", "Frosty", and "Santa Claus is coming to Town"? Certainly not us!! I love them all...and we try to view them all...I guess it is a sort of tradition....

I think traditions are important to the family...especially at Christmas time. Often, I find myself wondering what my children will remember about their childhood when they are adults....


We do remember what this season is really about...and it isn't the pretty Christmas trees, deorations, or any of the gifts...it is truly about our Saviour...his birth.


Family and traditions are so important to me...not so much my own family traditions...I think they kind of disappeared with the deaths of my grandparents...that kind of happens when the family has been broken....

My family...my husband and children....those traditions are SO important to me. Years ago, I thought that we would never have the family that my husband and I so desperately wanted.

No comments:

Followers