our mini vacation

our mini vacation
view from the top of Jockey's Ridge

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

So, this is Christmas

Here I sit waiting so anxiously on Santa!! Actually, I sit here about to embark on my second cup of coffee and the house is very quiet...except for 'Good Morning America' that is on tv. The kids and the Papa Bear are all still asleep.
Times of the day like this is when I like to reflect on yesterday and look forward to today. On this day, I am so thankful for my wonderful family. There use to be a day that I couldn't even imagine my house filled with such business and noise...I wanted it to be, I desperately wanted children, LOTs of children...but it just didn't happen. Now, my home is very busy and always noisy!
Today I am so thankful as I look around. My home is beautiful (to me), decorated for Christmas, presents under the tree. My children are healthy, and snug right now in their bed...well, actually we have one in our bed, and one on the floor of our bedroom...the rest are snug in their bed. We have a fridge full of good food. I spent the weekend with my brother and his family. Yesterday was spent with good friends at the farm...doing what we do best: EATING!!
I look around and see just how blessed I am....I am thankful, too for the lessons that God is teaching me....some are hard, but are needed....others are sweet.
So, This Christmas I will be with the ones who love me and whom I love. I plan to pour all of my energies and love into those people. I want my husband and children to know that Mama Bear loves them with all her might!! Here's hoping that you and yours have a most Wonderful, Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Followers