our mini vacation

our mini vacation
view from the top of Jockey's Ridge

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yummy Sugar Cookies


Who doesn't like fresh baked cookies? So...I was telling friends yesterday that after the new year, I am going to clean up our diets....you know the drill...eat more healthy...blah, blah, blah....well, until then....I am going to eat SUGAR COOKIES! YUM.
Here is a good recipe that I follow...it comes from on old cookbook one of my grandmothers gave me years ago....
2 cups sugar 1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs 3 cups self-rising flour
3/4 cup margarine
*Mix all ingredients well. May add nuts or chocolate morsels. Drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350*
You say you don't have self-rising flour??? Ok, I don't buy that either...just make it:
This came from the "Not Just Beans cookbook" <--which is one of my favorites!!
4 cups flour 2 TBSP double acting baking powder
2 tsp salt
*Mix well and store in airtight container.
I think that this is probably what my children and I will do today....BAKE. I love to bake. I love to cook. I find joy in it....I find joy in other people enjoying the food that I have prepared. I imagine that I have somehow learned this from one of my grandmothers...who could cook everything, bake scrumptious cakes, cookies and other confections....and could sew anything! Thank you Maw Maw Drake for my joy of baking/cooking!

1 comment:

shacks said...

Those cookies taste too good to be so simple!!!

Followers