our mini vacation

our mini vacation
view from the top of Jockey's Ridge

Thursday, February 12, 2009

With GREAT sadness

I lost a friend today...actually, I never met her in real life, but she was a real friend none-the-less. We became friends on a message board that I belong to. Through a series of events, we found out that we lived within 2 miles of each other! Now that she is gone, I am beating myself up for not going over and meeting her face to face. I think part of me wanted to respect her space...she was very sick. Then, there is the part of me that thinks, maybe there was something that I could have done or said....probably not.... She was a great lady. She gave hope and inspiration to those around her....always willing to lift up prayers for others...a great encourager. She did message me several times with tickets to the Shriner's circus that her family couldn't use, and a coupon for a free picture that her family couldn't use. Both times our family had other things going on and unfortunately, we couldn't use them either. ~but that showed her generosity...to share with others. Her faith was apparent to anyone who ever read one of her messages...so, when I opened the paper today and saw her obituary...I was shocked, saddened, heartbroken. Probably more for myself- my own selfishness....because this meant no more encouragement from her! At the same time, it meant she was with Jesus and had no pain anymore...which made me extremely happy. I am sad for her family...I am sure she will be missed greatly. Especially by me. So....Pam...even though I have no idea what your face looks like in real life, I am proud to say that I did know you. Thank you for your kindness, your generosity, and encouragement...you'll never know what your friendship has meant to me. Knowing you, Pam, has made me a better person. Rest in Peace dear Pam.

No comments:

Followers