our mini vacation

our mini vacation
view from the top of Jockey's Ridge

Friday, April 17, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy.....

I realize that it has been FOREVER since I blogged...guess I need to post pictures of what we have been up to.....BASEBALL.....3 out of my 5 children are playing....that means: 3 different teams, 3 different games and 6 different practices.....I am not complaining. Our family really loves going to the game and cheering for 'our' player....and I also realize that not too far in the future, these games will only be a memory...sigh....I am dreading the empty nest already!
Going to these different games, practices and so forth makes a mom of 5 NEED to be prepared....so, I am usually busy right after lunch---PACKING. Packing food and drinks, cups, ice (Ice packs are needed occasionally) first aid kits, jackets, blankets (never know when you might need those!). The kids made fun of me as I was putting my first aid kit together....they kidded me about being TOO prepared....Ha, turns out the first aid kit has been needed (not by us, but by other kids) and the ice pack was needed by another too. So...yes, I was a proud mom (not that someone was hurt) but that I was PREPARED!

I came across these recipes that work very well for us. Maybe they will you too. They will probably be a 'must have' around here this summer!

BASIC BROWNIE MIX:
6 cups sugar
4 cups flour
2 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp salt
4 cups shortening

*mix together and store in airtight container

**BROWNIES**
1 1/2 cup brownie mix
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla ****For my crew I have to double the recipe****
mix together; put into greased baking dish and bake till done; about 30 minutes

THESE ARE YUMMY!



MONKEY MUNCH
9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

*Put cereal into large bowl and set aside; In a microwavable bowl, place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter; melt, stirring frequently. Add vanilla and stir well. Pour over cereal and mix till all cereal is coated with chocolate/peanut butter/butter mixture. Put powdered sugar into a ziploc bag (large) and then add coated cereal. Zip bag and shake to coat...open bag and taste....then taste again....and again....till all cereal is gone!
Seriously though, it is very yummy. Kids love it....and this lasts NO time around our house!

No comments:

Followers