our mini vacation

our mini vacation
view from the top of Jockey's Ridge

Monday, April 27, 2009

Recipes and Ball fields

We have been spending A LOT of time at the baseball field! My oldest daughter practices soft ball 4 times a week, my boys practice once a week with 2 games a week....You do the math....that comes to A LOT of time spent at the ball field!! My father-in-law gives me a hard time (picking of course) about all that I pack for these practices and games....something about my fanny sitting down appeals to my children! My children can be fine, but once my fanny touches my seat-someone wants to know, 'what did you bring to eat? did you bring me something to drink?'....one ball field only has those disgusting port-a-johns...so that means LOTS of hand sanitizers! Got to have the first aid kit (actually needed it twice this year---for someone else's child!) wet wipes--never know when you might need those! If it is really hot out, we have these towels called "Frogg Toggs" and they are completely awesome!! You wet them and re-roll them to put back into their container....they stay cold and damp for HOURS!!! Those really come in handy for very hot ball players to cool down! Being a mom of 5, I try to stay prepared!
Got a recipe to share with busy moms...my children love it.

Cake Mix Box Cookies
1/4 cup oil
1 cake mix (any cake mix will do)
2 eggs
Mix all together and either roll into balls or drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet. Bake 325* for 10-12 minutes.
When cool, you can ice with cake icing if you like...we prefer plain cookies....
These do not LAST anytime at our house!!
These are good for ball games, park, lake, pool...whatever---they travel well!!!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ella said...

That's great , sounds easy enough. Thanks for sharing dear.
Blessings, GG

Followers