our mini vacation

our mini vacation
view from the top of Jockey's Ridge

Monday, January 18, 2010

Organization!

So, I am on week #2 of the great clean out...if you don't know what that is go to www.organizedhome.com and check it out. I am following this plan. Now....I really do LOVE organization.....but I am one of those people who is a perfectionist at it...if I can't have perfection--then I don't want it!! Right about now, I am thinking to myself, "why did I start this? It isn't fun any more!" ~but the payoff is! So far, I have managed to clean out my master closet--love it! Love walking in there...b/c I can actually SEE what is in there! I was RUTHLESS in that clean out!! I have done the foyer-which consisted of a cabinet and a closet (good thing is that the closet had already been cleaned out--it just needed re-organizing! whew!) Today starts the living room....I have only managed to clean out a drawer in an old china hutch (we use it for books) and a cabinet....and again, I was ruthless (I may regret this later when I think to myself, "if I had just saved ______, I could use it now) but the truth is, if it hasn't been touched, used, needed or looked for in the last year, I really don't need it. So.....I really need to go clean up my clean out now!! :-)

No comments:

Followers